Taste of Aliso Niguel Preview

Taste of Aliso Niguel is back for yet another year of success! The Parents for Aliso Niguel (PFAN) are currently working on making it the best yet!

Their website writes, “The Taste of Aliso Niguel was started thirteen years ago by parents of students at Aliso Niguel High School, who later became Parents For Aliso Niguel (PFAN), now a 501(c)3 non-profit organization.” 

It is set to be hosted on Saturday, April 22 from 6 to 11 p.m. All people 21 and over are invited to attend in order to support their students. Each year, money is earned that is given to the school in order to provide for different Aliso Niguel programs and special events.

Many different restaurants and sponsorship opportunities are offered for companies in the Aliso Viejo area. Every year there are new restaurants, chefs, and food vendors advertising for their business.

Usually, there are more than 1,500 people attending each year, which gives great publicity for both the school and local businesses. And with that many people there can be more than $700,000 made for different departments and facilities throughout Aliso Niguel.

The current president is Jayme Brittingham and the PFAN say “The ‘Taste of Aliso Niguel’ is PFAN’s signature event, providing student organizations an opportunity to raise funds through ticket sales and silent auction items.”

There will be a selection of different wine and beer tasting, plus restaurants offering their signature dishes. There will also be several different silent auction times and live music throughout the night. The 2023 Afterparty Entertainment will be The Reflexx which is an 80’s cover band.

There are currently no restaurants centered on the website for this year, but last year a few included Raising Cane’s, Handel’s, and Nothing Bundt Cakes. By April 1, each restaurant should be signed up and ready to participate. It will be exciting to see what is coming this year! 

Once these restaurants take part in this event they are not only helping the high school, but also their own business. They receive more customers now that others know about their foods and support towards the students of Aliso Niguel.

Chateau Ste. Michelle Winery is a Platinum Sponsor and Wild Barrel Brewing Company is a current Gold sponsor. At this time, Silver Sponsors are Aliso Viejo Dental, Orange County Local Taproom, Lucia Honda Realtor, and Powerstone Property Management. Also, the Bronze spots are taken by the TStreet Volleyball Club, The YMCA, Meredith Drews Realty Group, and the Kathe Van Hoften Tem.

It is also important to note that Aliso Niguel clubs participate by creating silent auction items that can be sold to the guests. It is up to them to decide how they want to set up their display and gain publicity. Each group is responsible for selling tickets in order to provide money for their programs.

The Taste of Aliso Niguel is definitely one of the biggest fundraising events of the year and our school is so lucky to have this amount of support.