ASB Plans for Senior Activities

Due to the cancellation of many senior activities, ASB has found ways to create fun events and dress-up days for seniors in their final semester of high school. 

Past dress-up days included senior citizen days and pajama days. ASB implemented Instagram as a way to spread school spirit where students can post photos on their stories depending on the theme: such as “Throwback Thursday.” 

Spirit weeks were continued by ASB which allowed students to participate virtually and in-person. ASB encouraged seniors to share photos of themselves participating in the spirit week. 

“In a normal year we would have Senior Brunch, Senior Sunset, and graduation. We are still working on making Senior Brunch happen because now we can eat out safely. We hope to plan for a senior socially distanced brunch,” Lindsay Duhn, senior class president, explained. 

On March 8, ASB is hosting a Senior Celebrations Town Hall. This meeting allows ASB to gather input and ideas for ways to create safe, memorable events for the seniors. 

“We will be holding a virtual town hall where parents and students can share their ideas and hear an update on what our school is working towards,” ASB stated. 

ASB is planning to host Senior Sunset at Salt Creek, making sure everyone wears masks and are socially distanced from each other. 

For graduation, ASB is hoping for an in-person graduation. They are planning to host two graduations for the seniors.

“[The graduation] will be in person, but we will have to split up so students can bring family members and friends,” Duhn said. 

If it is unsafe for families to gather for graduation, the school is planning a drive-through graduation similar to last year.