New Activities Director has joined the chat

Brian Kim, Editor-In-Chief

As students begin to return to campus for the 2020–2021 school year, ANHS introduces a new ASB and activities director: Mrs. Nero.

Mrs. Nero began her career as an English teacher at Tesoro High School. After three years, she transferred to Aliso Viejo Middle School (AVMS) and continued to teach English, but took a liking to arrange school activities. After seeing her enthusiasm for the organization of activities, she was asked to take over as the ASB advisor for ANHS. She discovered that her true passion lied with activities and decided to join the California Association of Directors of Activities. There, she presented at regional conferences and hosted discussions about different events ASB leadership could host at their schools.

For the past nine years, Nero has been an activities director at AVMS, and when an opportunity presented itself for her to become an ASB advisor full time, she pounced at it.

With safety precautions in full force, there are a lot of high school experiences that will have to be modified to fit certain safety guidelines.

Mrs. Nero said, “Our goal in ASB is to honor as many of ANHS’s traditions as possible in whatever way feasible. We want students to feel part of the pack—we want that Wolverine culture, and we will do whatever we can to create it.”

An example of change is the virtual Club Rush that was held on Oct. 2. According to Mrs. Nero, there will also be a virtual pep rally in the near future. Mrs. Nero’s innovative ideas are welcome at ANHS and can serve to brighten up this unprecedented time.