Top Ten Events that Happened at Aliso Niguel

1. Girls Volleyball Winning CIF
    1. The girls varsity volleyball team at ANHS had an incredible season with a record of 27 wins and only 5 losses. They were 2021 league champions and 2021 CIF Southern Section champions, and went on to CIF State.
  2. Boys Soccer Winning CIF
    1. The boys varsity soccer team had a fantastic 2021 winter season winning a total of 15 games, tying 1, and only losing 1 game. They were 2020-2021 champions in their league and were champions of the CIF Southern Section for the 2020-2021 season.
  3. Teal Out & Teal Gate
    1. To support the ANHS football team students of September 3rd were encouraged to wear teal all day. Meanwhile, at Teal Gate there was TK Burger, ice cream, music, and much more as students showed up and showed out that Friday evening.
  4. Dig Pink
    1. Aliso Niguel’s Girls Volleyball team hosted their ‘Dig Pink’ volleyball game on October 11th against Trabuco in the main gym. Students and other attendants were encouraged to wear pink to show support for breast cancer awareness.
  5. Keeping Students Safe With COVID-19 Protocols
    1. New COVID-19 protocols have been put in place to ensure the safety and health of students on campus. These protocols included the mandate of masks in the classroom and close contact notifications for anyone who came into contact with students or staff who tested positive.
  6. Red Ribbon Week
    1. Red Ribbon Week occurred the week of Oct. 25th to the 29th. There was five fun dress-up days to promote saying no to drugs and to honor DEA Agent Enrique Camarena. Many students participated in the dress-up days and wore their red ribbon bracelets to support the fight against drug abuse.
  7. Senior Activities
    1. One of the most notable senior activities was Senior Sunrise held on August 22nd at 5:30 am. Seniors were allowed entry through the purchase of tickets or by showing they had a blackcard. Donuts, coffee, and other breakfast items were given to seniors as they watched the sunrise in the stadium and field area.
  8. Homecoming
    1. This year’s homecoming celebration took place over the weekend on September 25th with the theme through the decades. The dance went from 7:30 to 10 pm on the ANHS blacktop and the theme was ‘Through the Decades. There was dancing, games, DJ music, and photo booths available to keep students entertained during the night.
  9. New Building
    1. Despite all its delays, soon ANHS should be opening its new STEM building. This building will open more space for students and teachers, and provide updated classrooms perfect for learning about the sciences.
  10. No Place For Hate
    1. This year the No Place For Hate campaign was introduced in the Aliso Niguel campus. Students were shown videos about the campaign during an in-class assembly that featured poet Amanda Gorman and students a part of the campaign on their own campuses. Signatures were gathered to help make ANHS a No Place For Hate designated school.