Girls Volleyball Leads the County

Aliso Niguel High School is home to many amazing sports, but none like volleyball. Wolverines live for this sport, and if you’re not playing, you’re most likely in the stands. The student section supporting these games are almost as intense and loud as the stands on a Friday Night for football. Aliso Niguel has a total of four girls volleyball teams: Varsity, JV, and a Frosh A and B team, all of which are united and passionate. 

On August 24, 2021, the Aliso Niguel Girls Volleyball Team played their first home game and welcomed hundreds of students, teachers, parents, and siblings into Aliso Niguel’s gym. These games encourage lots of school spirit and ensure an intense and well played game from the team. 

Only three days later, the Wolverines were titled “Number One in Country” in an article by Steve Fryer for the O.C. Register. This hardworking team deserves their number one spot and continues to play their best as they beat out Mater Dei High School and Beckman High School for this spot. 

These girls are incredibly close and truly have a passion for this sport, two things that make volleyball stand out at Aliso Niguel. Madyson Smith, a junior on the ANHS Varsity Volleyball team, explains how the best part of the sport is, “How close of a team we are. The team chemistry we have is why we are able to perform so well together,” she continues to say how much fun she has, “playing volleyball with good friends”. Her younger sister, Macey Smith, also a Varsity player shares how Madyson was her inspiration for becoming a volleyball player. The relationship between the two demonstrates the close connection throughout the team, and the love they share for one another. Macey also shares her favorite part about playing for ANHS: “My favorite thing about playing for Aliso is home games, and having big student sections because it is super fun and gets me excited and helps me play well”. Without the help of the incredible students at Aliso Niguel, there would be no one to encourage and cheer these girls on. Every home game, we can expect a large crowd, dressed in any assigned color or theme, to be sitting in the stands ready to celebrate the girls volleyball team at ANHS. 

The ANHS girls volleyball team plans to hold their number one spot and continue to share a drive and love for the sport during their 2021-2022 season.